In order to earn a high school diploma and graduate through Rise Preparatory Academy, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Earn a total of 24 high school credits, including the minimum requirements in each subject area
- Complete a minimum of six credits through Rise Preparatory Academy, including one credit in each of the four core subject areas (math, science, language arts, and social studies) and two elective credits.
- Be enrolled and active in Rise Preparatory Academy for a minimum of six months.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Meet all outstanding financial obligations with Rise Preparatory Academy.
Units of Credit
Graduation from Rise Preparatory Academy’s high school is achieved through the earning of credits as specified in this policy. Credits for all high school courses and for graduation requirements will be awarded on a “unit of credit” basis. One “1.0 unit of credit” is equal to a year of instruction within a course. Some courses are offered to students with half credit, “0.5 unit of credit”, is equal to a semester or half a year of instruction within a course.
Two graduation pathways are available to full-time students. A standard pathway aligns to the minimum credit requirements for graduation set by the Florida Department of Education. This option is recommended for students that plan to attend a community college or directly enter the workforce after high school.
Standard High School Diploma – Link
- Credits earned while attending another high school may be transferable.
- An official transcript will be required for the transfer of credits.
- Only credits with a grade of C- or greater (or 70% and above) are eligible for transfer.•
- Acellus Academy reserves the right to decline the transfer of credit(s)
- As a minimum, students must complete at least six months 12th grade through Rise Preparatory Academy (minimum of 6 credits)
- Graduation Application Fee $ 100.00
- Graduation fees are due with the submission of a graduation application and must be remitted before a diploma can be issued.
Students are required to complete 100 hours of volunteer community service to graduate.
Best Places for High Schoolers to Do Community Service: Blog